Give At least A Chance To Freshers or Non-Experienced....

He was not an expert, but we hired him.








We needed someone for the position of Digital Marketing, so my friend referred a young man to me.
We interviewed him and discovered he was not an expert in the position. He had basic knowledge but no prior experience in that field. We told him we couldn't hire him at the moment. We told him the truth. We tried to be honest with him rather than giving false hope.
He said, "This is an area I haven't perfected yet, I won't lie. But I have some basic knowledge of it." Although, his response got me thinking.
.
.
.
.
.
He admitted. He showed true honesty and vulnerability. He wished us well in our recruitment exercise and left. I told my partner I was moved by his honesty. He seems to be a man with integrity.
.
.
.
.
.

I rang him later in the day, and we met for a coffee chat. I told him we've agreed to bring him on board. I could see the tears of joy in his eyes. He couldn't stop thanking me.

Give people a chance when they have at least the basic knowledge to do the job. All they'd need is guidance.

We hired him and trained him to our taste. Today, he trains our interns and recruits.



We don't have to be perfect to start; we have to start to be perfect.

Comments

  1. That is wonderful and to be commended. However, there are people that check 9 out of the 10 boxes of a job requirement that get passed over nowadays. So in reality the chance of your story being replicated are slim to none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's awesome I want to thankfully for your attitudes.That wonderful and change the way of thinking about experience work because someone need to change they life but they can't made by themselves.That only some people like you and your team.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment